Do you want to learn from your colleagues and have fun while earning professional development credits? Any Heritage Institute course can be registered for as a group. Collaborate with colleagues to develop new approaches and share diverse perspectives.
See how easy and convenient it is to register and work as a group by reviewing the drop down menues below.
Group Collaboration Guidelines
+/-Select a Group Leader
- First select a Group Leader.
- Your Group leader will be the first one to register, providing names and email addresses of the other participants.
- Groups are limited to four participants.
- After registration and prior to the start of course work the Group Leader should meet with group members and determine group meeting dates as well as which assignments each group member will complete. Some course assignments will be done by everyone.
+/-Register for 400 or 500 level
Group collaboration participants must take the course at either the 400 or 500 credit Level. Clock hour or PDU levels are not permitted. Once your group leader has registered, a unique registration link will be sent to each member to register for the course.
Group collaboration rules include:
- Each participant must attend at least 75% of the group meetings (a minimum of 3 of 4 meetings), during which the course content is discussed. Teleconference or live meetings are acceptable. A good video conference option is zoom (https://zoom.us/).
- Each group member is requested to access, read and comply with the Group Collaboration Guidelines, a link to which will be included in the participant’s registration confirmation email.
- Course work should not be started until all group participants are registered and ready to meet and do their assignments. All participants are to remain active in the group and are to complete the course at the same time.
- If there is an Assignment #1 to “Introduce Yourself”, each participant must complete this assignment independently.
- Section A, Information Acquisition assignments may be divided up among group members.
- Section B Learning Application Assignments may be divided up between group members, except, if there is a lesson creation and implementation assignment, each member must complete this individually.
- For online courses, assignments for all group collaborations are completed in our online environment, with postings submitted to the group space. Assignments should be posted by the group member responsible for that assignment.
- For each assignment, the person responsible for authoring the assignment should lead a group discussion and incorporate group member ideas into their online response.
- The group member name, date, course name & number and assignment number should be on each assignment submitted for email courses and for assignment documents uploaded in the online course space. For online courses, assignments should be submitted by the group member responsible for them.
- Each participant must prepare and submit his/her own unique Integration Paper.
- To receive University Credit: each member is to abide by these guidelines and complete the course.
Instructors may alter these guidelines. Some instructors may be open to your suggestions regarding changes to these guidelines.
You may join up to three collaborations per year! To receive credit, all members must follow the guidelines as described here and complete the course.
For more information, contact the Registrar (email@example.com), 1-800-445-1305.
+/-Save For Later
You may download these Guidelines for later review here.