History & Social Studies
Course No. SS419r, SS519r
In this course, you will discover dozens of lesson and project ideas that can help your students develop a sense of pride in their school and local community. The lessons can extend learning outside the classroom and involve opportunities for community involvement. Each lesson can integrate history, math, and artwork into the curriculum while working to make a positive impact on the lives of the students and their community.
This course is appropriate for teachers of all subjects, grades K-8. Upon registration with the Heritage Institute, the instructor will send the course manual free of charge. Choose and read an additional text resource from the annotated bibliography on pages 8 & 9 of this syllabus.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
1. Created lessons that can help students develop a sense of pride in their lives.
2. Learned how to implement lessons that encourage the beautification of the school grounds.
3. Developed lessons that focus on neighborhood exploration.
4. Created activities that encourage partnerships with local parks and businesses.
5. Designed and developed lessons that integrate local history, art, and nature.
• The handout information packet will be sent from the instructor digitally. • Two books of your choice, based on the grade level you teach, or similar texts, from the bibliography provided. The cost of those books will depend on where you purchase them.