Course No. ED477d, ED577d
Today's educators have been trained to teach opposition and defiant students by giving them rewards as they see them finally do the desired behavior. Studies show this is not working in most schools, and behaviors are escalating. The author of Conscious Discipline will give you the knowledge needed to understand why. The answers lie within our brains, which have three different states: The Survival State, Emotional State, and the Executive State. Educators can give students what they need by showing empathy and building a sense of community within the classroom. This course aims to provide educators with the tools they need to bring students closer to their full potential and remove the barriers that many of us face. Through reading several resources online and watching videos by Dr. Becky Bailey, you can implement this new approach into your classroom and enjoy the transformation of your students and self.
This course is appropriate for teachers k-12.
Text: Conscious Discipline: 7 Basic Skills for Brain Smart Classroom Management, by Becky Bailey
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Learned how to explain the different parts of the brain and how they work.
- Gained an understanding of why using current discipline procedures doesn’t give you the desired outcome.
- Discovered the power of positive thinking.
- Learned why keeping your composure as a teacher is critical.
- Gained an understanding of how shifting from placing fear in students to love can bring out
the desired behavior we all seek from our students.