Course No. ED475I, ED575I
The pressure to keep up with global events leads to feeling defeated and anxious. Over 77% of people experience stress, anxiety, and loneliness. Our minds begin to spin while coping with underlying anxiety and tension. This course will teach gratitude, mindfulness, stress reduction, and visualization strategies. You will be invited to leave behind your overthinking mind as you explore the reason behind the incessant chatter of our overcharged brain. Join me in embracing the renewal your soul longs for to feel more aware, focused, relaxed, and discerning. Learn how to slow down your pace and focus on the present moment while spending time listening to your inner voice. Join me and learn about stress and why we are addicted to the thoughts, feelings, and beliefs we hold.
This course is appropriate for teachers K-12, counselors, and school administrators.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Experienced relaxation practices that lead to slowing down and awareness
- Met your ‘Monkey Mind’ thinking
- Learned the levels of stress through assessments and analysis
- Practiced mindfulness activities that help soothe the body's stress response
- Built new rhythms and calming practices for daily living
- Experienced the power of visualization and positive affirmations
- Learned about the Vagal Nerve and how it soothes the body’s stress response
REQUIRED TEXT: Singer, Michael. 2007. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself. New Harbinger Publications, Inc. ISBN: 978-1-57224-537-2 Used on Amazon from $12 OPTIONAL TEXT for 500 Level Assignment May, Katherine. 2020. Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times. New York. Riverhead Books. ISBN: 978-0-593189-481