Course No. ED444E, ED544E
This course is designed to further build on the skills obtained from Part I Habla Español in order to be able to positively connect with Spanish-speaking students & parents and to be able to relay specific information to Spanish-speaking parents regarding the progress and success of their children. The ultimate goal is to relate to Spanish-speaking students and their parents through basic communication in their native language. Not only will this assist in building a positive rapport between the staff member and student but it is also useful in supporting and encouraging the student to not be afraid of learning English.
The focus of the course will be on building basic fundamentals of verbs conjugations and basic sentence structure, with the overall goal of learning to say necessary vocabulary and phrases for communicating with Spanish-speaking students and parents. Participants will also learn further phone conferencing strategies for dealing with a Spanish-speaking parent as well as more practice with “Spanish Progress Reports”.
Required course materials include the “Practice Makes Perfect” workbook, a 26-page Part II handout packet, and audio material that will guide you through the lessons.
This course is appropriate for all staff members K-12 with limited or no Spanish language skills who have taken the Part I Habla Español: Spanish Basics for Educators, required.
• $30 fee for the purchase of the course packet, workbook and audio material is payable to the instructor after registration.
• Once the instructor has received registration confirmation, she will email a course packet invoice directly to you.
The Co-Instructor for this course is Isis Tabares, M.A.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- The fundamentals of conjugations of regular verbs.
- The fundamentals of conjugations of common irregular verbs.
- The constructions “To have to” and “To be going to”.
- “When” things occur and places a student may go.
- To convey and solicit specific information to or from the Spanish-speaking student.
- To convey and solicit specific information to or from the Spanish-speaking parent.
- Further phone conversation expressions.
- Over 100 specific helpful phrases in Spanish to build positive communication skills with Spanish-speaking parents & students.
• $30 fee for the purchase of the course packet, workbook and audio material is payable to the instructor after registration. • Once the instructor has received registration confirmation, she will email a course packet invoice directly to you.
A great class. Can't wait to use the phrases I learned with students and parents. I love having paper pencil- it is such a great break from all the online stuff :)
6th Grade Teacher