Course No. ED459J, ED559J
Do you find yourself searching for happiness and never quite reaching it? Have you come to the realization that your health is not what it should be: extra pounds, fast food, and health implications? Healthy living is being offered to help you unleash your own power to recover and harness your energy for full health benefits. Uncover the surprising way in which your body is connected to the afflictions of civilization. Investigate the power of living in a more healthful way through your diet exercise, sleep, reactions to stress, mindfulness, and more. If your goal is to live a long and healthy life to the fullest, then you don’t want to miss out on this course. This course will highlight how the current pressure and stress in modern life have removed us from our biological needs and are making us ill. It is also about how to avoid this distress and find a way to happiness. This course is practical, disarming, loaded with research, and will literally ignite and inspire you to change and Go Wild. If you are looking to manage your stress levels, find more energy, improve your sleep, and sharpen your mental skills, join me for an experience that will help you secure a healthier, happier future. Healthy Living NOW! This course is appropriate for grades K-12 instructors, administrators, parents.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Discovered and analyzed the catastrophic consequences of damage brought by the way we live and eat.
- Learned how changes in civilization have altered our food sources.
- Discovered how what we eat, move, sleep, think, and live are connected to health and disease.
- Learned how homeostasis is affected by the wear and tear of stressful living.
- Learned about allostasis and how the body’s stress can permanently change our brain.
- Learned how to increase receptiveness through mindfulness training and meditation.
- Implemented a life plan that will help to achieve total health and balance.
Go Wild: Eat Fat, Run Free, Be Social, and Follow Evolution's Other Rules for Total Health and Well-beingISBN# 0316246107 by Ratey MD, John J., Manning, Richard, Perlmutter MD, David Little, Brown Spark
Go Wild: Eat Fat, Run Free, Be Social, and Follow Evolution's Other Rules for Total Health and Well-being. Course text, is approximately $10.00 used on Amazon.
Fantastic class! Definitely will sign up for more classes through Heritage again!! Thank you!!
Brenda McKinney was awesome! Can't wait to take more classes.
I really enjoyed the "Healthy Living" course. The material was interesting and the instructor was timely, professional and full of insight.
I really enjoyed this course and the instructor. She had interesting material and quick response time!