Course No. ED465v, ED565v
This course meets OSPI’s STEM requirements
In this course, you will learn how to incorporate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) into your lessons, and why the integration of STEM is important to students and their future careers. Your students will become engaged in learning the many occupations available that incorporate STEM components, and how that translates into greater opportunities for professional growth and future learning. You will find yourself engaged in learning how to create great STEM lessons for your classroom through the use of rich resources, creative activities and the use of templates that will enhance students learning and confidence. Participants will view the popular movie The Martian, which is a rich resource for STEM activities. All reading is online. This course fulfills OSPI requirements for Washington State teachers needing STEM hours, and is appropriate for teachers K-8.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- an understanding of the importance of STEM education
- learned how to integrate STEM components into the classroom.
- knowledge of how to create a quality STEM lesson.
- a knowledge of connections between STEM and future careers of your students
- confidence that no matter that grade/subject you teach, that you can integrate STEM successfully.
There is no required text. All readings are completed online.